You may apply anytime. When your application is complete, you will receive a decision within two weeks.
Full-Time Program Deadlines
- Fall 2021 –
April 20, 2021*APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED – New deadline : JUNE 20th
- Spring 2022 – November 1, 2021
Summer Institute for Teachers of French Deadline
- Summer 2021 – April 20, 2021
Capstone Certificate for Teachers of French Deadlines
- Summer 2021 – June 1st / early deadline May 15th
- Fall 2021 – August 25th/ early deadline August 1st
- Spring 2022 – January 10th / early deadline December 15th
(Certificate students whose application is received by the early deadline will automatically be considered for an early application scholarship of $100.)
Application Procedure for Full-Time & Summer Institute
Step 1: Graduate School Application
- Graduate School Application (online)
- Note: for the PFMP Full-Time Program, select “French Studies MFS – Full-Time Academic,” not “French MA.”
- Note: for the PFMP Summer Institute for Teachers of French, select “French Studies MFS – French Studies Summer Institute.“
- Note: the application will ask you to list 3 people who will write letters of recommendation for you. At least one of the letters should address your overall proficiency, creativity, and style of expression in the French language. These may be professors, instructors, supervisors, or anyone who is familiar with your work and may give us a sense of your readiness for our program.
- Note: the CV you submit must be in English. You may also submit a French-language version, but this is not required.
- $75.00 application fee – This is non-refundable and can be paid by credit card (MasterCard or Visa), Debit/ATM. In addition, non-U.S. citizens will be charged a $6 international document processing fee. (The application fee is waived for current and former TAPIF participants. Contact the PFMP Assistant Director for information.)
- For international students whose native language is not English : MELAB or TOEFL scores.
*Note: GRE scores are not required for this program.
Step 2: Program Information
As you are filling out your Graduate School Application, you will be asked to complete a “Supplemental Application.” This allows you to upload information required specifically by the Professional French Masters Program:
- A writing sample in French (i.e., a graded undergraduate term paper)
- Your statement of purpose (1 page, in French).
What is your chosen concentration area, and how do you expect it, and the PFMP in general, to position you for a more satisfying professional life? If you have experience working or studying in your chosen concentration area, please elaborate; otherwise, tell us why you would like to move in this direction now. We trust that you will write this statement without assistance so that it reflects your current proficiency in French.
- In most cases, we will schedule an oral interview in French, either in person or by telephone.
Application Procedure for the Capstone Certificate
Step 1: Division of Continuing Studies Special Student Application
*Click Apply Now under “Your Wisconsin experience starts here”
Step 2: Program Information
As you are filling out your Division of Continuing Studies Special Student Application, you will be asked to upload the following “Supplemental Application Materials.” You also have the option to instead email the “Supplemental Application Documents” directly to the PFMP Program Director, Ritt Deitz at email@example.com.
- Your statement of purpose (1 page maximum)
A brief statement of interest explaining what attracts you to the Capstone Certificate program. Statement may be in either French or English.
- A PDF copy of your undergraduate transcript
Transcript must show completion of a post-secondary undergraduate degree.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of the letters should be from a source that can address your level of French (for example, a former French professor). Letters may be in either French or English.
Questions ? Contactez-nous !
NOTE: All program activity is currently online, due to the pandemic. Until further notice, please use email for all inquiries.
Ritt Deitz, Director: (608) 262-4090 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandi Schoville, Assistant Director: (608) 262-5010 / email@example.com
Shawn Ramer, Graduate Admissions Coordinator: (608) 262-4090 / firstname.lastname@example.org