FALL 2021 – April 20, 2021
SUMMER INSTITUTE FOR TEACHERS OF FRENCH – April 20, 2021
SPRING 2021 – November 1, 2020
Step 1: Graduate School Application
- Graduate School Application (online)
Note: for the Professional French Masters Program, select “French MFS,” not “French MA.”
Note: the application will ask you to list 3 people who will write letters of recommendation for you. At least one of the letters should address your overall proficiency, creativity, and style of expression in the French language. These may be professors, instructors, supervisors, or anyone who is familiar with your work and may give us a sense of your readiness for our program.
Note: the CV you submit must be in English. You may also submit a French-language version, but this is not required.
- $75.00 application fee (waived for current and former TAPIF participants)
- GRE Scores UW-Madison’s institution code is 1846.
- For international students whose native language is not English : MELAB or TOEFL scores. (All international applicants must also pay a one-time fee of $15.00.)
Step 2: Program Information
As you are filling out your Graduate School Application, you will be asked to complete a “Supplemental Application.” This allows you to upload information required specifically by the Professional French Masters Program:
- A writing sample in French (i.e., a graded undergraduate term paper)
- Your statement of purpose (1 page, in French).
What is your chosen concentration area, and how do you expect it, and the PFMP in general, to position you for a more satisfying professional life? If you have experience working or studying in your chosen concentration area, please elaborate; otherwise, tell us why you would like to move in this direction now. Although you may use dictionaries and other resources, we trust that this statement will be written without assistance.
- NOTE: in most cases, we will schedule an oral interview in French, either in person or by telephone.
NOTE: All program activity is currently online, due to the pandemic. Until further notice, please use email for all inquiries.
Ritt Deitz, Director: (608) 262-4090 / email@example.com
Mandi Schoville, Assistant Director: (608) 262-5010 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Shawn Ramer, Graduate Admissions Coordinator: (608) 262-4090 / email@example.com